Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sewing in the Garden

Sitting in the garden today - sometimes sunny, sometimes cloudy - sewing. Or, at least my version of sewing which involved hand-basting pillow covers for my new-old chairs. I found these toile de jouy covers in my fabric bin - no idea why they were sitting there ready-made by me. I think I made them for a redecorating project for my niece and she rejected them (sigh) and we replaced them with denim. Anyway, happily for me, no more effort required than to baste them closed and plop them, and then myself, on the chairs. A good excuse to sit in the sun and admire the river and the rhododendrons. While I was at it I performed an arm surgery on my little stuffed bear (named, creatively, 'Baby Bear'). He lost his tail and part of his wee arm to an enthusiatic doggie visitor. Looks pretty good, too!

1 comment: