Sunday, May 16, 2010

Birds on the Brain



The bird picture is finished and on display in my shabby chic garden - it is a kind of an outdoor parlour where hubby and I can take view breaks - simply rest, watch the river and listen to the lettuce grow. I am feeling self-satisfied and absolutely floored by how I have fallen for the bird and bird-related motif. Inspired partly, I think, by the abundance of bird-feeders my neighbours have perched throughout our common garden. Sweet little birds come and go all day ... and we get to watch & listen. So it is a bird theme for our garden and who knows where next? I'm thinking the bedroom as I've also fallen hard for the Chinoiserie line designed by Dwell Studios, worth an online visit: http://www.dwellstudio.com/modern-home-decor/dwellstudio-collections/chinoiserie.html
And, with birds on the brain, here is something worth twittering about - a beautiful excerpt from the poem Mockingbird, by Mary Oliver

This morning
two mockingbirds
in the green field
were spinning and tossing

the white ribbons
of their songs
into the air.
I had nothing

better to do
than listen.
I mean this
seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment