|What secret ingredient would you |
put into the basket?
We talked about the role of the side-dishes that make for a complete life, and the sweet indulgences – desserts – that make it rich.
At the beginning of the day, I placed a basket in the middle of the room. During the course of the session, attendees wrote down their ‘secret ingredients’ for happiness and dropped them into the basket. At the end of the day, each woman shared their vision or ‘recipe’ for the year and randomly selected an ingredient as a blessing to take home.
Here’s the list:
- Make your bed every morning – it only takes 30 seconds, and provides a lovely oasis for the rest of the day
- Selfishness – take care of yourself first
- Smile ‘til you feel it
- Be in the moment
- Be true to your dreams
- Be nicer (you can always be nicer)
- Shared values
- Bubbles: laughter, relaxation, joy, peace, tranquility
- Tell the truth
- Don’t take things personally
- A dash of laughter
We have an unlimited number of ingredients in our lives to combine to cook up the perfect dish. What’s your secret ingredient for happiness?
“Cooking Up 2012″ will be offered again in Vancouver B.C. in February. Click here to find out more.
*basket photo by Andrea Walker: Walker Park Media