Monday, April 18, 2011

Here are some things I like...

Here is a nice mid-month round up of some things I like:


Here is my china cabinet. I'm really fond of it. Also fond of the china in it. It's our wedding china. Hubby chose it. Also very fond of him. Ditto the little chair next door. Oh, and the china tea-mugs. They belonged to my great Aunt Helen. So did this very groovy vase...


I love the 'dots' pattern on this vase - I have no idea where it originated, or how long my Great-Aunt had it before it came to me - I recently received a jug with a similar pattern, which was delightful - a sort of synchronicity of glassware - like one big circle (or a bunch of little ones).



And daffodils - my one weakness, and one of my favourite flowers. They come out in April, my birthday month (ahem). And here is a whole beautiful birthday bouquet, alongside a new treasure - a beautiful birthday bird plate.

These are just some of the things I like: China. April. Chairs. Birds. Glassware. My Great-Aunty's treasures. My hubby. And birthdays. Especially mine.

Happy Easter!




3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Vickie!!!!! I love many of the very same things! You've inspired me to go look at a set a china I saw in a local antique shop today! Dishes are my weakness... I must have three or more sets.... I've been amassing a set of hand made chicken dishes this past year with a friend. That's what I'll post about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are definitely kindred spirits Sue! Go buy that china.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! Happy Birthday Vicki. I was admiring your china last time I was over to your house. Very nice. There is something to be said to enjoying a meal with fine china, crystal and silverware (and our hubby's too!).

    ReplyDelete