Friday, October 22, 2010

Foraging for Food: How about it?


braised squirrel
Braised Squirrel Aurora
Just a quick little post about discovering Hank Shaw's Hunter Angler Gardener Cook blog today. Just love it. Talk about a DIY guy. Also very keen about his decision to follow his dream and embrace his life philosophy. He is truly living at the edge. His recipes are mouthwatering and definitely portray real food. I've posted a link to his blog in my faves list.

I must admit I can't see myself foraging in quite the same way, although I do love my weird little garden and growing the plants that sprout as volunteers from the compost pile. Come to think of it, there are an awful lot of fat squirrels scurrying around the yard. Hmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. I grew up eating this way as my Father and brothers were avid hunters and anglers. Wild game takes a while to get used to the taste. My husband who grew up in the city never developed a taste for my Mother's dinners! LOL! I have to admire Hank's being true to his beliefs.

    ReplyDelete